The Facilities Technician is primarily responsible for performing routine and limited semi-skilled manual work in general maintenance, construction, and labor activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONISIBILITIES:
• Keep buildings clean and well maintained.
• Vacuum carpets, dust sanctuary and Fellowship areas prior to each service or event.
• Clean sanctuary prior to Bible Study and Regular Service and other events.
• Inspect and clean rest rooms daily, clean fixtures, mirrors, dispensers, door handles and light switches, empty wastebaskets and restock paper products as needed.
• Vacuum carpets, sweep and wet mop floors as needed.
• Set up and tear down tables and chairs as needed.
• Wash mirrors and windows in heavily trafficked areas weekly and all other windows as needed.
• Stock cleaning supplies when received.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Dust table tops, counter tops with duster and wiped with untreated cloth use plain water or glass cleaner for glass tops tables and desk as recommended. (High & Low Dusting)
• Ensure that all office desk are cleaned at all times. At the end of each work day personal items must be dusted around, no personal items are to be touched or moved.
• Hand surface floor will be dust mopped and wet mopped.
• Polish Desk & Furniture.
• Pull trash and replace liners. Extra liners are to be stored in the bottom of waste basket.
• Vacuum entire room.
• Spot clean carpet as need be.
• Clean and restock restrooms.
• Clean mirrors in heavy trafficked areas and windows as needed.
• Set-up and breakdown tables and chairs as needed or instructed.
• High School Diploma or GED (Ministry’s minimum requirement).
• A minimum of three (3) years maintenance or custodial experience is required.
• Ability to learn tasks quickly and acquire skills in the use of standard equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to perform routine or heavy manual tasks; lifting, stooping, clamping, and reaching.
• Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license.