The Facilities Technician is primarily responsible for performing routine and limited semi-skilled manual work in general maintenance, construction, and labor activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONISIBILITIES:
• Cuts grass, weeds, bushes, shrubs, and flowers.
• Cuts down, removes trees, plants, trim trees and shrubs.
• Operates small machinery in maintaining facilities grounds.
• Sweeps streets and gutters with necessary equipment.
• Helps install needed equipment for staff personal.
• Operates small trucks in transporting staff personal and materials.
• Moves heavy material such as pipes, lumber, sand, gravel, and furniture.
• Washes and cleans vehicles, tools, and equipment.
• Report major repairs to departmental head.
• Assist in checking school, church, and other facilities for safety hazards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED (Ministry’s minimum requirement).
• A minimum of three (3) years maintenance or custodial experience is required.
• Ability to learn tasks quickly and acquire skills in the use of standard equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to perform routine or heavy manual tasks; lifting, stooping, clamping, and reaching.
• Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license.