The Broadcast Editor is responsible for editing sermons/messages, product spots, event promotional spots and other elements for our weekly and daily Changing Your World broadcast.
The Broadcast Editor’s work will initially fall in one of these categories, but will be expected to train/learn to perform editing duties in all categories over time.
1. Version Editor
a. Compiles all elements (message, spots, product offers, etc.) for each version of the program
2. Back-end Editor
a. Creates product offer segments with provided audio/video clips and scripts
b. Puts finishing touches on studio segments (offers/appeals/prayer)
3. Master Editor
a. Edits sermons/messages based on off-line producer notes
b. As a senior editor, serves as a backup to the Technical Director/Advisor
4. Spot Editor
a. Creates spots and commercials for products and events from provided scripts
b. May occasionally write or re-write scripts as assigned
• He/she will capture/ingest and edit audio, video and graphic elements.
• He/she will search and capture video from 3rd party sources (Istock, Rocket clips, etc.).
• He/she will edit an entire broadcast, incorporating all visual and audio segments including graphics.
• He/she will construct and insert scripture text in non linear and linear formats.
• He/she must learn and understand the “who, what, when, where, why and how” of the various versions.
• Other duties as assigned
• A BS or BA degree in communication, media and/or film production or related field preferred.
• He/she must have 3 to 5 years of experience in editing non-linear broadcast segments.
• He/she must have experience in linear editing (preferred) with use of Digi Beta and BetaSP formats/machines.
• He/she must have knowledge and understanding of AVID technology.
• He/she must have experience in creating graphics using Photo Shop, After Effects, Cinema 4D.
• He/she must have knowledge of control room equipment: graphics, switchers, routers, monitors, tape machines and prior editing of short and long form programming (spots/segments/whole shows).