The Print & Data Center Manager is responsible for day-to-day production within the Print Center. Supervises, motivates, and supports the staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Print Center Manager plans, schedules, strategizes, and oversees all production activities while continually implementing cost effective processes to keep the department operations within projected budget and initiate production campaigns to promote department profitability. The Print Center Manager performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with employees and management. The Print Center Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to reduce workflow bottlenecks and production issues. He must contribute to a work environment that supports the WCCI Vision and Mission while promoting personal and individual growth with tact, sensitivity, and professionalism
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
General and Administrative
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the WCCI's commitment to excellence in quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
• Supervise the Print & Data Center Staff in the production and prioritization of jobs and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates and oversee all staff scheduling, time off requests and overtime.
• Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations and ensure the completion of all duties with a minimum of waste and abuse to equipment.
• Provide various Project Estimates and Production quotes of all requested production jobs.
• Communicate effectively with the Executive Administration, WCCI Department Managers, and the Print & Data Center Staff, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production, budget, and department objectives are met.
• Update and maintain accurate production schedule and provide up to date reporting of all department activities to Executive Administration.
• Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
• Graphic Design
-Produce and Edit various Graphic Design request based on customer specifications as well as come up with creative concepts for designs.
-Create various Letter Templates for Variable Data processing
-Edit and format submitted artwork to comply with production equipment specifications.
• Data Processing
-Edit, Correct & Manipulate various data files for Presort Mailing.
-Perform Data cleansing and selectivity based on requested specifications.
-Provide analytics in report format of processed data files.
• Digital Printer Operation & Maintenance
-Fulfill print request using digital Printers
-Create various imposition and paper stock profiles based on job specs.
-Perform all required customer maintenance on Digital Printers and complete routine Preventative maintenance.
• Production Equipment Operation & Maintenance
-Operate all Production equipment to include but not limited to: Letter Inserters, Cutters, Folders, Shrink Wrap, Fork Lift, Meter Machine, etc..
• USPS Mail qualifications for Presort & BMEU Delivery
-Have a full understanding of the USPS mail delivery requirements for Presort mailing.
-Familiar with all necessary Postal supplies needed for mail production and delivery.
• Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
• Coordinate and schedule pre-press and digital print production training relating to the most current production standards and procedures.
• Provide resources and training on all data production and Graphic Design software and applications to employees ensuring that the latest industry standard is being met.
• Provide a positive, motivating example for employees and conduct training or authorize training of production employees.
• Conduct formal performance reviews per company policy and initiate disciplinary measures according to company policy when needed and dismiss production employees when all corrective attempts have failed.
• Take all necessary actions to manage production costs and improve cost efficiency and profitability.
• Ensure inventories are conducted and accurate records are maintained.
• Present recommendations on capital improvements needed to increase company productivity.
• Evaluate production equipment purchases/leases and conduct cost/benefit analyses.
Equipment and Supplies
• Schedule, delegate, and ensure performance of all equipment and maintain maintenance logs.
• Assure a backup of all work in progress and archived completed work is done in a timely manner
• Coordinate and manage all inventory supplies to ensure minimum waste and spoilage.
• Ensure that inventories are conducted per company policy and accurate records are maintained.
• Inform the Executive Administration of equipment and production problems.
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the physical location.
Software & Equipment Proficiencies
• Digital Printers
• Xerox J75; XC1000; Envelope Printers; Ink Jet Printers
• Production Equipment
• Pitney Bowes FPS Rival Inserter; DI950 Intelligent Inserter; Titan 200 Cutter
• Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Access); BCC Mail Manager; Adobe CS6